Category: High School Completion
Now accepting applications!
*Classes are offered when there are enough applicants.
EASTERN AROOSTOOK ADULT & COMMUNITY EDUCATION
MEDICATION COURSE FOR CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANTS
This course will provide instruction necessary for completion of the Standardized Medication Course for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA’s).
The course will consist of one hundred twenty (120) hours of instruction. Sixty (60) hours will be spent in the classroom, twenty (20) hours skills lab, and forty (40) hours of clinical experience in a long-term health care facility.
Before being considered for the program, each applicant must:
- Be in good physical and mental health.
- Demonstrate good grooming and personal hygiene.
- Have no recent history of alcohol or drug abuse.
- Complete an application.
- Equivalent of at least one year of full- time employment (2080 hours) as a CNA. Must attach verification from your employer or Human Resources Department.
- Be currently listed on Maine Registry of Certified Nursing Assistants, and must attach a current copy with your application from the “ALMS License Information” found online at Maine.gov.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation from a director of nursing and/or a supervising registered professional nurse. The recommender must have directly supervised the applicant, and be stated so in the letter. (LPN letters are unacceptable)
- Pass a reading comprehension test (CASAS) with a minimum of 10th grade reading level.
- Participate in an interview with the instructor.
All of the above will be considered in the Director’s final decision for acceptance into this program.
The total fee of $950, includes books, must be paid in full before the class start date. There are no refunds. 100% attendance is required, there are no make-up days.
by Dan MacDonald
on September 19, 2017
Read more in:
News and High School Completion